Mission, Vision, and Goals
College Mission Statement
Suffolk County Community College promotes intellectual discovery, physical development, social and ethical awareness, and economic opportunities for all through an education that transforms lives, builds communities, and improves society.
Division Mission Statement
The Division of Student Affairs promotes learning through quality programs and services that empower individuals to realize their educational goals in accordance with the mission of the college.
Division Vision Statement
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to a shared responsibility for transformative student learning that fully supports students in their pursuit of their educational and career goals. The philosophical approach is grounded in the seminal text, Learning Reconsidered 2, a student affairs, peer reviewed document adapted internationally as the standard for the profession. Student learning occurs as they connect social, academic and through institutional contexts. Through intentional education, students are exposed to cognitive thinking, global awareness, interpersonal communication and intrapersonal well-being. The Division of Student Affairs views all student interactions as an opportunity for growth and development by encouraging and creating opportunities to partner with students as they navigate their educational goals.
- Support students in the pursuit of their educational, career, and personal development goals.
- Building inclusive campus communities.
- Provide students with opportunities to utilize their cognitive abilities.
- Increase students' global awareness through engagement in relevant activities.
- Facilitate the development of students' interpersonal communication skills.
- Facilitate students' development of intrapersonal well-being.
- Partner with students as they navigate their educational, career, and personal development pursuits.
Division Assessment Plan
The goals and outcomes, along with the annual assessment plan for each unit within the Division of Student Affairs can be found here. The units' goals and outcomes are assessed annually as part of the Comprehensive Assessment Plan for Institutional Effectiveness (CAPIE) and are including as part of the Administrative Educational Support (AES) units.