PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the meeting of the Board of Trustees of Suffolk County Community College, scheduled for February 18, 2016, has been CANCELLED.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that this meeting has been RESCHEDULED for Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. in the Alumni Room of the Brookhaven Gymnasium, Ammerman Campus, 533 College Road, Selden, New York.
Students are either assigned a faculty advisor or encouraged, according to their current degree program (i.e., curriculum) or area of interest, to choose an advisor to meet with throughout the academic year. This is most important during the priority registration period to plan for the following semester.
Your faculty advisor can assist you with the following:
- discussion of educational and career goals
- selection of appropriate courses
- providing information about educational options, degree requirements, and college policies and procedures
- making referrals to college/community resources as appropriate
- assistance with monitoring progress towards your educational goals, and encouraging responsibility and effective decision-making
Students can earn a high school equivalency diploma by successfully completing 24 college credits: NYS High School Equivalency Diploma
Last revised: 5/26/2011
Comments on this webpage, contact: Webmaster