Applying for Aid

To receive full consideration for all financial aid programs, we urge you to apply by April 15 for the fall semester and by November 15 if you are entering in the spring semester. View what's new with Financial Aid for 2017-2018. For all the major financial aid programs, including PELL, SEOG, TAP, APTS, loans, etc. Follow these steps to apply:

  1. All aid applicants must be matriculated in a degree or certificate program. Only courses that are required for your degree program are eligible for financial aid.
  2. You and your parent must obtain a FSA ID. The FSA ID serves as a legal signature and should not be shared with anyone. If you have filed a FAFSA application in the past and have a PIN, you can link your PIN to your FSA ID. This allows you to immediately use your FSA ID to access your personal information on any of the ED websites that require an FSA ID.

    If you are creating a FSA ID for the first time, or don’t link your FSA ID to your PIN, your FSA ID is considered conditional until your information is verified with the Social Security Administration. You may use your conditional FSA ID to sign an original FAFSA, but nothing else. Once your information is verified with Social Security Administration you will be able to use your FSA ID to fully access your financial aid information. Access FSA ID now and get started applying.
  3. Complete the FAFSA:
    File electronically at FAFSA on the Web. Each campus has a Computer Lab where assistance is available. Note that our Title IV School Codes are:
    • 002878 - Ammerman Campus
    • 014153 - Eastern Campus
    • 013204 - Grant Campus
  4. If you are requesting a loan and you are a first time borrower at Suffolk County Community College, you must complete an Entrance Interview either by using online loan counseling at or in person at your campus Financial Aid Office.
  5. After you submit FAFSA, apply for the New York State TAP grant by clicking on State Aid Link on the confirmation page.
  6. To apply for a NYS Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) award, you must complete an APTS Application in addition to the FAFSA. Return the application and a signed copy of your NY State Tax Return to your campus Financial Aid Office. If you are a dependent, please also include your parent's return.

Financial Aid FAQs
Summer Aid FAQs

Student with Counselor

Campus Offices

Click for more information College Office

Click for more information Ammerman

Click for more information Eastern

Click for more information Grant