|SCCC REFERENCE #:||17-69
|DATE:||July 5, 2017
|TITLE:||Professional Assistant l - Information Technology Services, Department of Desktop Support Services
|CAMPUS:||Ammerman Campus in Selden
|TYPE OF APPOINTMENT:||Faculty
SUBJECT: Professional Assistant I – Information Technology Services, Department of Desktop Support Services – Central
Announcement is hereby made for a 12-month, full-time, Professional Assistant I position in the Office of Information Technology Services, Department of Desktop Support Services – Central on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Professional Assistant reports to the Associate Director for Desktop Support Services and is responsible for managing IT systems with respect to: development, maintenance, installation, and administration; patch management, software deployment, threat detection services, Active Directory and Microsoft Group Policy. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Applicants must have five years of prior experience as a Desktop Support professional, with a strong background in deployment services and configuration services. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, is required.
Preference will be given to those candidates who can also demonstrate:
• Strong knowledge of server and system administration principles
• Experience with creating and loading images
• Experience building and maintaining systems running VMWare/ESX in an enterprise environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Internet Explorer/Active-x, Firefox/Plugins, Chrome/Plugins
• Knowledge of Microsoft KMS services
• Experience with McAfee VSE and Endpoint Protection
• Experience with the configuring of BIOS vPro settings
• Experience with Microsoft BitLocker/MBAM
• Experience with deploying Microsoft Office and other Office products
• Strong knowledge of DOS Batch program scripting
• Experience scripting with AutoHotkey
• Experience with Microsoft SMS Installer
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Installer services
• Familiarity with InstallShield Installer services
• Experience with Microsoft Group Policy and Microsoft Active Directory
• Experience with DOS and all Windows Operating Systems
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP and DNS protocols
• Able to diagnose common network issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with diagnosing laser printer problems
• An understanding of SNMP printer configuration
• Experience working with Standard TCP/IP Printer ports
• Some familiarity of iOS and Android ecosystems to support the credentialing of mobile devices
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-69 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
|APPLY TO:||Suffolk County Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educator. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran, marital or domestic victim status, or any other status that is prohibited by law. The College makes available to the general public information required by the Campus Security Act at the following web address: http://www.sunysuffolk.edu/safety
Interested applicants should apply online by clicking on the button below: