New York State Excelsior ScholarshipThe New York State Excelsior Scholarship application for the fall 2017 semester opened on June 7, 2017 and will close on July 21, 2017.
The Scholarship is intended to supplement all current aid programs, including but not limited to TAP, PELL and other scholarships. Students can receive up to $5,500 from the scholarship, minus any amounts received from TAP, PELL, or other scholarships. It will provide assistance to students to cover any tuition gaps that may make college tuition free. The scholarship is intended to make college possible for students across the state.
- Be a resident of New York State;
- Plan to attend a SUNY or CUNY two- or four-year degree program;
- Take 30 credits per year and make progress toward graduation;
- Maintain good academic standing;
- Be on track to graduate on time with an Associate Degree in two years or a Bachelor’s Degree in four years; and
- Be a New York State resident whose family household adjusted gross income (as filed on your 2015 federal tax return) does not exceed $100,000 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
To apply for this scholarship, you will need to:
- Upload a .pdf copy of your SAR (Student Aid Report) to the HESC website. If you do not have a copy of your SAR you can obtain one from fafsa.ed.gov.
- Upload a .pdf copy of your unofficial transcript. The transcript can be obtained by logging into MySCCC and selecting Unofficial Transcript in the Self-Service Banner menu.