Office for Faculty and Professional Advancement
Professional Development at Suffolk County Community College is designed to provide and support the continuous professional growth and development of faculty. Professional development supports the goals of the College, community and the individual educator.
· Provide a centralized venue through which faculty and administrators may collaborate and discover professional advancement/development opportunities
· Develop and share best practices in teaching, learning and technology to support the pursuit of instructional and professional excellence
· Provide the professional development opportunities, training and resources necessary to enhance learning in a diverse environment
· Promote collegially through mentoring and sharing expertise among the faculty and administrators across the college
· Be the bridge between training needs and outstanding performance in service to the College and our students