For Immediate Release
Share This News Release
Community College Week: Suffolk a Top 2-year College
Suffolk County Community College has been named as a top two-year college in a yearly publication that provides statistics about our nation’s community colleges and which academic disciplines are the most popular and are contributing to the national goal of producing more graduates. The information is gathered from U.S. Department of Education data.
“Community colleges contribute to building and revitalizing communities,” said Suffolk County Community College President Dr. Shaun L. McKay. “In the last two tears we have graduated classes in record numbers, awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships and aid, and contributed to the economic growth and development of our region. We are committed to remaining affordable, accessible and graduating students who are ready to enter the workforce or continue their education,” McKay said.
The yearly Top 100 report from Community College Week, recently produced for 2015, recognized Suffolk County Community College in a number of categories, including:
- Liberal Arts & Humanities
- Business, Management, and Marketing
- Communication Technologies
- Criminal Justice and Corrections
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Health Professions
- Protective Services
- Associate Degrees (All Disciplines – Grand Total)
- Associate Degrees (All Disciplines – Non Minority)
- Associate Degrees (All Disciplines – Minority)
- Associate Degrees (All Disciplines – African American)
- Associate Degrees (All Disciplines - Hispanic)
Community College Week is an independent, impartial publication that compiles its top 100 list using data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics through the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Set completions survey that all colleges and universities accredited by agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must complete. The list includes institutions from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.