|SCCC REFERENCE #:||14-42
|DATE:||June 25, 2014
|TITLE:||College Dean of Instruction
|TYPE OF APPOINTMENT:||Permanent
The College Dean of Instruction reports to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs (AVPAA) and is responsible for the coordination of college-wide academic assessment. She/he will collaborate with faculty, staff, as well as the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (OPIE) to develop, support and maintain effective strategies for the assessment of student learning outcomes at the general education and program level. Specific responsibilities shall include the following:
1. Facilitates the design of tools and strategies that enable faculty to effectively analyze and improve student learning and success;
2. Provides leadership for building and sustaining a college-wide culture of inquiry for the continuous improvement of student learning and success;
3. Consults with faculty (individually or collectively) regarding assessment design;
4. Establishes procedures and timelines for the use and analysis reports;
5. Collaborates with the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Professional Development on the design and delivery of professional development experiences that integrate innovative pedagogical strategies with assessment evidence;
6. Provides college-wide coordination within and across the disciplines to facilitate cross-campus discipline specific assessments as well as the implementation of subsequent action plans;
7. Collaborates with faculty, the campus deans, and AVPAA to develop and evaluate the curricula, courses and programs of instruction offered;
8. Collaborates with the AVPAA, the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, OPIE, and college offices for Academic and Student Affairs to coordinate student learning outcomes assessment activities in conformance with College policies, procedures and schedules;
9. Prepares and monitors the action plans for the College as it relates to assessment, relative to matters of instruction;
10. Serves on college-wide academic and assessment committees;
11. Integrates instructional assessment efforts with other initiatives
12. Leads special projects and supports resource development activities that will enhance the College’s efforts to assess and improve student learning;
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the AVPAA and/or the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
A Doctorate in an appropriate discipline and at least five years relevant experience is required.
The College Dean of Instruction is an exempt position, compensation will be based on the College's management salary scale.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.
|APPLY TO:||Suffolk County Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educator. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran, marital or domestic victim status, or any other status that is prohibited by law. The College makes available to the general public information required by the Campus Security Act at the following web address: http://www.sunysuffolk.edu/safety
Interested applicants should apply online by clicking on the button below: